Red Barn Organics
Cannabis Grower — updated (Southern Oregon)
employment type: full-time
New company seeking a lead Cannabis grower for the recreational market, for a Southern Oregon farm. This is a full-time job, and sometimes more.On to the job. Our business model includes the following principles:
1. Delivering to the marketplace consistent, high-quality indoor and outdoor flowers.
2. Achieving this quality through a disciplined approach, through every phase of planning and execution
3. Delivering to the marketplace a consistent flow of product.
4. Close attention to the details of promotion/marketing, and sales
5. A continuous process of self-evaluation and improvement
6. Forward-thinking plant selections, with smart considerations for the many tradeoffs
7. And many more principles
This is a for-profit venture. But the operation is on a family-owned farm, being operated with a long-term perspective. Consumers and Bud Tenders must be able to count on the product being consistent and of high-quality. This is a core value. We will not be advocating cranking out pounds of average product.
Our site is in a great location in Jackson County between the cities of Talent and Ashland, with terrific soils. We are gearing up for true indoor operations for part, and the remainder outdoor in hoop houses with some as light-dep. In the long run, we hope to perfect our processes, and convince the market that our sun-grown products can compete in performance to indoor, without the awful carbon footprint of indoor. But until that time, we are also planning on indoor to get our brand consistently on the top shelf and in the hands of the consumers.
Successful candidates should possess the following:
1. Exceptional skills in outdoor OR indoor growing, with the aptitude to quickly amass any missing skills. Some experience in both is required.
2. The willingness to continue to seek industry best-practices. (This does not mean chasing the latest and greatest trend, but an eagerness to seek improvements in what we are doing.)
3. Good interpersonal and supervisory skills
4. An outstanding work ethic.
5. Willingness to get on board with the many regulatory and recordkeeping requirements.
6. Honest, dependable.
7. Flexible, knowing that the market will throw lots of curves our way, and we must adapt
8. Mature (not necessarily in age, but in actions and demeanor).
9. Ability to give and receive constructive criticism, including really listening to what the critics, Bud Masters, and customers are telling us
10. A team player
11. Good references
12. Must be 21
Wages and profit-sharing are negotiable. If you don’t need cash now, and/or have money to invest, say so. Our philosophy is to work with exceptional people, and all succeed together, in every way. For us the big win is to make some money, produce this awesome crop in an environmentally responsible way, and have a great time doing it.
If you are a candidate, please respond to the email with a written description of you and your experience. A resume would be best. Please elaborate on your growing experience. Please speak to the traits for which we are looking. You will help yourself the most by composing a structured response by email, and the effort you put in to that will be appreciated.
Please put the phrase “Ashland Grower” in your subject line.
Thank you for your consideration.