Summary: We are seeking a Business Development Manager to start and grow a cannabis testing lab business, the first in the U.S. for a leading provider of marijuana testing services in Canada and the Netherlands. The position is based in Fort Collins, Colorado, and the salary starts in the $80-$85K range with excellent full-time benefits.
Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager will start and grow a testing business, the first in the United States for a leading provider of testing services in Canada and the Netherlands. Responsibilities include developing business opportunities; government relations and ensuring regulatory compliance; working with partner companies; and generally helping to establish and grow the company’s first testing lab for this industry in the United States.
Ft. Collins, Colorado
Flexible, starting in $80-85K range
A demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit is the most important qualification. You must show us that you understand how to develop and grow new businesses. Other requirements include:
• An understanding of the market, with previous experience in this industry strongly preferred
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
• Strong organizational and presentation skills
• Deep understanding for creating well defined and compelling value propositions
• Ability to work independently primarily, but also as part of a team. Ideal candidate will be energetic, self-motivated, and adaptable, with a positive attitude
• Willing to travel within Colorado
Essential Job Functions
• Developing new business opportunities in the Colorado market with potential clients from leads generated through all means of marketing.
• Working with government officials to make sure the company is compliant with regulations and to help in setting new standards for regulations in Colorado.
• Work closely with the lab managers to make sure the company is meeting customer needs and regulatory standards.
• Analyze business trends and customer needs as they change with changing markets and new technologies, and communicate competitive intelligence and market trends to the business.
• Stay closely involved with defining, setting up and maintaining the service portfolio
This company offers excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
About the Company
An international group of laboratories with over $2.0 billion in annual revenues, this company provides world-leading testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries. It is a leading provider of testing services for the industry in Canada and the Netherlands.
How to Apply
Email resume and short letter of interest to [email protected] with “Lab Business Development” in the subject line.