Women Grow, LLC is focused on expanding membership, working with Market Leaders to share the WG experience with communities nationwide, coordinating communications strategies with partners, piloting a networking portal, developing an enriched digital presence in social media, and marketing programs such as the national conference. Communications and marketing will play a vital role in the success of WG, helping to raise the profile of the WG community, to drive membership and engagement, and to ensure the effectiveness of advocacy and educational programs.
Reporting to and in partnership with the CEO, the Web Intern will help deliver communications and marketing efforts in ways that are contemporary, dynamic and measurable in impact. We welcome applications from talented, creative, and ambitious technical professionals who believe in the mission of connection, education, inspiration, and empowerment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other staff on membership growth, fundraising, advocacy, events and programs on email campaigns, outreach and collateral.
- Collaborate with PR and brand consultant as time and funding allows.
- Aid in creation of an editorial calendar for all communications and methods to track success.
- Assist marketing efforts for the annual conference, events, and travel programs.
- Aid in creation of engaging external content in line with the WG mission and values.
- Support the maintenance and updating for the back-end of WG public website.
- Publish approved content on WG various social media platforms.
- Work closely with the CEO and staff to develop content for the WG public website, electronic newsletters, and social media platforms.
- Publish and distribute electronic newsletters using Mailchimp.
- Limited copywriting and editing of website and newsletter content
- Other duties as necessary.
Ideal Candidate Skills
- Strong project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, effectively prioritize and coordinate with multiple external suppliers to keep projects on schedule.
- Excellent technical skills with experience using web and social media tools, self-starter who enjoys teaching themselves and adept at quickly learning new software and technology tools.
- Strong internal and external communication skills, proficient in communicating with staff, board members, company members, marketing suppliers, media, and partners.
- Strong understanding of leveraging social media and online strategies to elevate visibility and increase engagement with professional audiences.
- Understanding of how to reach targeted audiences.
- Able to use or quickly adapt to using marketing tools, such as Hubspot (CRM), MailChimp (email), Asana (project management), Confluence (wiki), Slack (communication), and others.
- Light design skills or quick learn to handle design updates, image adjustments and simple layout using software, such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience working for membership organisation, nonprofit or NGO.
- Experience in international development, working or living internationally, or working with international audiences.
- Experience in building and launching brand or PR campaigns.
- Experience with professional audiences.
- Professional qualifications or certificates an advantage.
- Positive, enthusiastic, passion for Women Grow’s mission and values aligned with social innovation
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise, get things done, and drive results
- Adaptive and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Resourceful ability to work with limited resources
- Collaborative team player and enjoys working as part of a small team to accomplish the mission
- Innovative, creative, entrepreneurial mindset and passion for learning
- 15-20 hours/week (2-3 days/week)
- Work will be done within WG office hours: M-F, 9:00am-4:00pm
Position is paid $11 hourly to start, with a 90 day review period. Preference will be given to applicants with a laptop and mobile phone available for the duration of the internship.
Please send visual sample and/or portfolio, along with CV with at least two references to [email protected]
Qualified applicants will be invited to interview.