A publication dedicated to covering the business of cannabis
Cashinbis, one of the top multimedia companies in the legal cannabis industry, is looking to hire an Editor-in-Chief to manage editorial content on our soon-to-be three digital publications.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in writing and editing for websites, blogs, and/or print. Our digital publications include Cashinbis and CannaEffect, in addition to our new media platform, all featuring predominantly B2B, but also some consumer and human-interest type content.
You will be responsible for leading the development of our content initiatives for all three digital publications and working directly with in-office staff and external contributors to ensure a daily flow of editorial content that adheres to the unique voice of each publication. This is not a writing position per se, but writing will be necessary and desired by you as a respected voice both in our field and our company.
The Right Fit:
We are looking for a hardworking and motivated self-starter with passion for writing, experience in high-volume content curation, and hopefully, passion for the successful cannabis lifestyle we are working to make a new social norm.
We have a unique company culture, so good chemistry with the team is also essential. Experience with and/or understanding of our target audience – “Millennials,” business decision makers, and high-end consumers both in and outside the cannabis space – is a plus.
This is an amazing full-time opportunity for someone who already lives in, or is willing to move to the San Diego area, as this is not a remote position.
- Build on our existing content strategy and help map out future themes and initiatives
- Edit and publish creative and engaging new articles to the websites on a daily or weekly basis
- Provide input on content partnerships and/or special editorial campaigns
- Manage onboarding and assignments for our industry contributors to ensure all article content is on-brand and consistent from week to week
- Produce SEO-friendly content including blog posts and articles, as needed
- BA/BS degree in a communications field
- Impeccable spelling and grammar; superior writing and editing skills specifically for digital
- WordPress publishing experience
- Creative thinker who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment
- Project management skills to manage global contributor base and deadlines
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Basic understanding of the cannabis industry, its geography, products and trends, and the various legal and policy implications therein, is a HUGE plus.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter that proves that you are the perfect editor, along with at least 2 relevant writing samples and/or a link to your online portfolio.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http:[email protected], [email protected] →