Website East Fork Cultivars
East Fork Cultivars is a Clean Green Certified, OLCC Tier II licensed recreational cannabis producer located in the picturesque Illinois River Valley in Takilma, Oregon. Founded in 2015, the farm is committed to growing premium quality, sungrown, CBD-rich cannabis while maintaining a resolute commitment to environmental and social responsibility. We’re seeking a talented, passionate and self-directed Cultivation and Crew Manager to join our team.
The Cultivation and Crew Manager oversees all plant-related activity and manages a small team of farm technicians. Cultivation activities vary by season, but include field preparation, planting, irrigation and fertilization, pruning, trellising, pest and disease management, harvesting, drying, curing, processing and packaging. Crew management activities include setting team schedules, training staff and overseeing quality control across varied tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, plant science or similar field (preferred)
- 3+ years experience in horticulture, plant science or similar industry (preferred)
- Experience managing teams or complex projects
- Strong communication skills and a healthy sense of humor
- Ability to perform physical farm labor
- Strong organization skills, including in the digital world
- Interview applicants and make hiring recommendations
- Set employee schedules and delegate tasks
- Continually train employees with latest industry best practices
- Monitor and track employee performance
- Design and coordinate summer cultivation internship program
- Design and oversee breeding program and genetic library
- Pollinate flowers in controlled conditions to produce new genetics
- Evaluate performance of new genetics
- Interact with other farmers, breeders and labs to continually improve genetic selection
- Prepare annual evaluation of genetics with COO
- Oversee seed-to-sale inventory tracking system
- Monitor health and growth of new seedlings and clones
- Design and implement field planting schedule
- Schedule weeding, trellising and other plant maintenance
- Monitor and address soil health, weather, climate conditions, pests and diseases
- Design and implement Integrated Pest Management (IPM) plan
- Consult with specialists as needed to address plant pests and diseases and apply IPM as effectively as possible
- Research and implement increasingly sustainable cultivation methods with the goal of creating the most regenerative cannabis farm in Oregon
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for harvest, curing and product storage
- Help keep the workplace fun, safe and sanitary
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary: $40,000 – $50,000, depending on demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience
- Vacation: 2 weeks plus major U.S. holidays
- On-site housing may be available for candidates relocating to Takilma
WORK SCHEDULE AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Work hours fluctuate according to seasonal demands. The average work week will require at least 40 hours.
- The Cultivation and Crew Manager reports to the COO and Farm Manager.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please send your resume, three references and a brief cover letter that expresses why you’d like to join the East Fork Cultivars team.