The Om of Medicine is searching for both a full-time and part-time Member Liaison/Receptionist.
This position will need availability to work any day per week.
Our Mission: Om of Medicine is dedicated to improving the quality of life for both our members and our community through the provisioning of medical cannabis in a collaborative, safe, and inspiring environment. We promote the rights of patients and the healing power of the plant through advocacy, education, and research.
Our Vision: A world where everyone has the freedom to choose their medicine.
Om is a non-profit focused 100% on our patients and their experience. We strive to create an environment that is warm, welcoming and one in which each and every patient feels truly cared for and cared about. We also strive to serve as an education and resource center on all things cannabis related for patients and the community.
We are not simply looking to “fill a job opening” . We want to find someone that desires the opportunity to start a career or build a career bridge into the new cannabis industry by serving patients with warmth, kindness, and the utmost professionalism.
We are looking for someone that can provide exceptional customer service, is resourceful, takes initiative, can provide incredible attention to patients, is able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, enjoys being part of a team, has an interest in alternative holistic medicine, and that can subscribe to the underlying principle of compassion coupled with excellence in all things they do.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a positive and welcoming environment greeting each and every patient with compassion, warmth, and a smile.
- Provide exceptional service to all patients/customers; serve as a resource on Om policies and procedures as well as current cannabis law updates.
- Perform general reception duties including, but not limited to, answering all incoming phone calls and/or routing calls to appropriate employees, takes accurate phone messages.
- Maintain patient database files, accurately register and verify new patients and ensure all patient documents are current and up to date.
- Conduct thorough new patient orientation as well as inform current members about Om policies, Om events, and updates to the cannabis laws both local and national.
- Keep all member and caregiver files organized and maintain confidentiality of all member/caregiver information.
- Maintain neatness, supply level, organization, and overall cleanliness of the reception area, information table, and member lounge to ensure a comfortable environment for all.
- Provide expedited service by offering assistance with member order in lounge during busy times.
- Review and respond to any inquiries received via email, Facebook, or voicemail daily upon arrival and as needed throughout the day.
- Contributes to team effort by participating in special events or projects focused on member enhancement or community development as needed.
- Stay educated and informed about latest issues, legislation & medical studies affecting members, the organization, and the industry as a whole in order to be a more effective advocate.
- Compassion to serve those that are suffering and in need.
- Outstanding customer relations and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge of cannabis and cannabis law
- Administrative skills—basic computer and iOS proficiency
- Evening, weekend, and holiday work required
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
* 2-3 years of previous administrative/reception experience
If you want to feel good about the work you do everyday and you have the qualifications we are looking for please email us your resume and cover letter.
Om is also committed to sustainable practices and reducing our impact on the environment and as such we offset 100% of our electricity use with clean energy.
Compassionate, Education, Community