Website Temescal Wellness
Temescal Wellness invests in, launches and manages various state-legal cannabis companies. Formed approximately one year ago, Temescal has two of the four medical cannabis licenses in New Hampshire and holds active ownership positions in two cannabis-infused product companies. Temescal is a disciplined allocator of capital and of time and will evaluate various opportunities to further grow its portfolio, including applications for new state licenses, acquisitions of existing licenses and companies, and new start-up ventures that are architected, seeded and managed by Temescal team members.
We are looking for a Manager or Director of Corporate Development to help accelerate this growth. We seek exceptionally hard-working, detail-oriented individuals who share our passion for wellness, our commitment to quality and our unrivaled obsession with building enterprise value. The candidate will work directly with one of the most-accomplished executives in the industry and will earn real ownership in, and to have a meaningful, direct impact on, a diversified portfolio of exceptional cannabis companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Applications for Government-issued Licenses. One way that Temescal Wellness expands its ability to serve patients is by applying for and winning government-issued licenses to grow, process and sell cannabis. The candidate will play a central role in these efforts and, as such, will have significant interaction with the President and with several team members and external parties.
- Analysis. Review, summarize and monitor lengthy, detailed legal documents, including laws, regulations and application materials for government-issued licenses and permits.
- Project Coordination / Stakeholder Management. Manage application processes that entail hundreds of pages of materials and multiple team members. Use conference calls, emails, spreadsheets and other communication and project management tools to ensure accurate and on-time completion. Communicate concisely and professionally with multiple co-workers, contractors, investors and government officials, making it as easy as possible for each to provide to you what you need, accurately and on-time.
- Editorial Accountability. Research, create, edit and compile application materials from various sources, with completed application packets sometimes nearing 1,000 pages. The timeliness, quality and visual presentation of all materials must be consistently best-in-class in order to win licenses in highly-competitive, merit-based processes.
- New Business Formation. Temescal Wellness has experience in cannabis and non-cannabis sectors and has identified several exciting growth areas. The candidate will play a major supporting role in architecting the new businesses, testing market viability in discussions with potential customers, recruiting staff and, if needed, soliciting support from investors.
- Acquisitions. As the cannabis industry matures, many incumbent operators will seek to exit, and Temescal will provide an existing platform on which to roll-up those companies.
- Build strategy and pipeline for acquisitions and investments working with team members and existing Temescal business units
- Drive due diligence process with the target and Temescal teams. Lead virtual teams spanning functions to prioritize and drive critical decisions
- Research multiple sources for company, industry, and market information
- Analyze and synthesize research to identify new-build, acquisition and investment opportunities
- As needed, perform other research and analysis to inform strategic planning and decision-making (e.g., financial planning and analysis)
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience managing teams to generate complex, lengthy deliverables under demanding timelines
- Passion to work in an industry with positive societal impact
- Ambition to build the industry’s leading portfolio of state-legal cannabis companies
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and responsibility for your work product and that of others with whom you collaborate
- Highly motivated, resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment
- Record of academic and professional achievement
- Attention to detail
- Relentless work ethic; tenacious and creative; considers obstacles merely temporary roadblocks, and will always find a way to overcome them
- Proactive and assertive, but respectful and polite
- Discrete and professional
- Concise and action-oriented
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Mastery or willingness to learn various software programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Earth)
- Experience with (or the willingness to learn) real estate lease negotiations and mapping tools such as Google Earth and Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience with (or the willingness to learn) quantitative analysis, including full P&L modeling, product unit economics and Bill of Materials analyses. Absent deep Excel experience, the candidate will have to evidence at least comfort with quantitative analysis and a desire to become fluent in Excel.
- Resume, including GPA(s) and standardized test score(s)
- Cover letter, including motivations for working in the cannabis industry and long-term career goals
- Please note: this is an open position for which there is no deadline, either for the candidate to apply or for the company to make a hiring decision. The company will review submissions on a rolling basis. We thank you in advance for taking the time to apply and will do our best to respond as quickly as possible.
Compensation & Location. Initially, the candidate will be an Independent Contractor who will be able to work remotely. Over time, and as Temescal’s portfolio evolves, the candidate may wish to relocate to intensify collaboration with team members. Compensation depends on candidate qualifications, and will include base salary, ownership and success-based bonuses, in addition to health and wellness benefits.
Temescal Wellness is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by law.